While they're a distant third in the market, they're looking to make 3 big changes to make things more "fair" to the common DFS player.
Yahoo is calling their changes "Fair Play". The changes include:
- Limiting the number of entries per user in any contest to 10 or for a small contest, no more than 1% of total entries.
- Experienced or "Veteran" players will be labeled as such.
- Scripting software to manage multiple contest entries is now banned.
It will be interesting to see how users and players respond to the change.
Yahoo Sports head of product, Michael LaGuardia said:
“I think folks know, given all of the news over the past several months, that this is a Wild West space, and Yahoo is the safe place to be.
While Yahoo tries to portray itself as more player friendly, it's fair to ask if fans feel they truly are.
Are you guys playing DFS on Yahoo now and will their recent changes impact your decision to continue or try it out?
For the record, I never actually played football. I have no doubt that I would get crushed running across the middle for a pass, every single time.
Latest posts by Nick Schreck (see all)
- Week 3 Preview Pt 2, Can DJ Rebound & Trade Targets - Episode 208 - September 21, 2018
- NFL Games: How to Bypass Geo-blocking, Avoid Blackouts and Stream all 256 games - September 20, 2018
- FanDuel Promo Code - September 19, 2018