While they're a distant third in the market, they're looking to make 3 big changes to make things more "fair" to the common DFS player.
Yahoo is calling their changes "Fair Play". The changes include:
- Limiting the number of entries per user in any contest to 10 or for a small contest, no more than 1% of total entries.
- Experienced or "Veteran" players will be labeled as such.
- Scripting software to manage multiple contest entries is now banned.
It will be interesting to see how users and players respond to the change.
Yahoo Sports head of product, Michael LaGuardia said:
“I think folks know, given all of the news over the past several months, that this is a Wild West space, and Yahoo is the safe place to be.
While Yahoo tries to portray itself as more player friendly, it's fair to ask if fans feel they truly are.
Are you guys playing DFS on Yahoo now and will their recent changes impact your decision to continue or try it out?
- The 10 Best Fantasy Football Instagram Accounts of 2020 - August 22, 2020
- Texans & Jaguars Fantasy Preview: 2020 AFC South - Episode 311 - July 14, 2020
- Panthers & Saints Fantasy Preview: 2020 NFC South - Episode 310 - July 11, 2020