The world of daily fantasy sports is continuing to explode.
The latest name to join the expanding field is OwnThePlay.
OwnThePlay prides themselves on having complete transparency. That means you know realtime ownership percentages and other stats, just like everyone else.
Here's what we think of our experience with the site so far.
For the record, they're seeing the review at the same time you guys are. That's the world of honesty and transparency my friends.
They're promising to level the playing field in the daily fantasy sports world. We know that sounds crazy, but we promise it's not.
Each and every lineup decision you make translates in realtime to the ownership percentages both you and your competitors see. There's no inside information for anyone.
Recently their major competitors, DraftKings and FanDuel, have been involved in a controversy surrounding the accusation that their employees were using inside ownership information to play on competitor sites.
Since then, they've banned their employees from playing on competitor sites.
With OwnThePlay, you don't have to worry about a thing. Everyone is looking at the same information. It's your job to now take that information and make the right picks.
Tell Me About RealTime Ownership
I'm glad you guys asked about this.
With it being the core piece that currently separates OwnThePlay from their competitors, it's important you understand what it all means.
For starters, it means exactly what it sounds like. You get realtime access to ownership percentages. That's pretty cool.
It may give you some insight to see if your contrarian play is truly a contrarian play.
Let's do an example to make sure you understand what we're getting at.
We'll say that you're playing in a game that has 100 available lineups. If it's a 50/50 that's good odds.
Now let's say that 25 of the lineups in that tournament own Todd Gurley (he's just so good) in either a RB or flex position. His ownership percentage will show in realtime that he's 25% owned.
If for some reason people start rapidly adding or removing him, you'll see his % change in realtime.
OwnThePlay claims that ownership percentages are updated on a second-by-second basis.
Sometimes you'll see a 100% ownership in a tournament. The creators tell us why here:
“This is because ownership percentages are related to the lineups created not the other players in that position. So imagine the RB spot in NFL. On our website you roster 2 Running Backs (RB) and a Flex which can be a RB. Now let’s say 100 lineups are made for the Thursday Night NFL and each lineup has Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson at their two RB spots and Matt Forte at their Flex spot. Jamaal Charles, Adrian Peterson and Matt Forte would all appear as 100% owned because they are on 100% of the lineups created.”
Cool Rewards Program
OwnThePlay has created a rewards program that looks really cool.
We haven't qualified for anything yet, but based on what they outline it could be beneficial to frequent players.
To keep it short and sweet, they give you 3 player reward points for every $1 you spend in a game. They'll even give you fractions of points if penny games are more your style.
According to their site (at the time of posting) their rewards tiers include:
- Bronze Level – This is the starting level for every Player Rewards participant
- Silver Level – 750 points – $5 Tournament dollars are unlocked into your account
- Gold Level – 3500 points – $20 Tournament Dollars are unlocked into your account
- Platinum Level – 17,500 points – $50 Tournament Dollars are unlocked into your account
- Diamond Level – 50,000 points – $100 Tournament Dollars are unlocked into your account
- Star Level – 250,000 points – $1,000 in cash deposited into your account. VIP support agent.
- All Star Level – 650,000 points – $5,000 in cash deposited into your account. VIP support agent.
- 1,300,000 point milestone – $2,000 in cash deposited into your account.
- 1,950,000 point milestone – $2,000 in cash deposited into your account.
- 2,600,000 point milestone – $2,000 in cash deposited into your account.
- 3,250,000 point milestone – $4,000 in cash deposited into your account.
- 3,900,000 point milestone – $2,000 in cash deposited into your account.
- 4,550,000 point milestone – $2,000 in cash deposited into your account.
- Super Star Level – 5,000,000 points – $20,000 in cash deposited into your account. VIP support agent.
I'm always grateful for rewards, but some of those tiers are for those who play more frequently than I.
But hell, it's a great start.
Picking Your Lineup
I won't sit here and pretend to tell you how to draft your team. I'll simply tell you the lineup you need to fill and what your budget looks like.
Positions to Fill:
Nothing new to see here folks. Them model we all know and love. Well....at least know.
Play With Free Money
Joining OwnThePlay is completely free.
If you're looking to win some money, you're going to have to spend a little bit of money.
Because we're all friends here, we're going to hook you up.
We'll give you $25 of free tournament play if you deposit just one ($1) measly dollar.
Those $25 will be available to you immediately. No need to wait for it to drip to your account like many DFS competitors.
It's your money and we want you to be able to use it.
To get that sweetheart deal, just used the promo code LTFF.
If you'd rather signup without the code, you can do that too. We won't take it personally.
*We're not partners with OwnThePlay, we just get a slight reward (just like you do) if you sign up. It's a win/win for both of us.
For the record, I never actually played football. I have no doubt that I would get crushed running across the middle for a pass, every single time.
Latest posts by Nick Schreck (see all)
- FanDuel Bringing Bitcoins to the Masses: Win a Bitcoin - January 5, 2018
- Fantasy Football and Bitcoin: To The Future? - January 2, 2018
- No Halftime Promo Code: 2018 Edition - January 1, 2018