As a football or fantasy football fan, you likely want to be able to watch your favorite NFL team every Sunday.
We've come up with some new and clever ways for you to be able to do just that.
This post origianlly started as a way to get you a discount on your 2017 DirecTV bill. Sadly, DirecTV has ended that program. That means we're on to greener pastures.
Now we're here to help you do the following things (All Football and NFL Related):
- Get you a 2017 NFL RedZone Promo Code
- Get you a 2017 Discount on NFL Sunday Ticket
- Get you a 2017 Discount on NFL Sunday Ticket (If you're a student or know a college student)
- Get you 2017 NFL Sunday Ticket for Free (This one isn't easy and takes some work)
Some of these methods aren't for the faint of heart, so sit down and buckle up, shits about to get real.
In short, you can get a mobile only version, a TV/mobile version or a login for the entire season that should work anywhere.
At the end of the day, you need to choose the best NFL RedZone promo code for you.
One of the options we discuss is this one on Ebay.
This one requires some leg work (we had success with this method personally).
If you're already a DirecTV customer, try following these steps:
- Call DirecTV and ask to speak to the retentions department.
- Once you reach a rep, tell them that your bill is way too high (it probably already is).
- They'll tell you ways they can cut it down and then they'll offer HBO or something else for the trouble. Tell them you're a sports/NFL fan and they'll get to talking about NFL Sunday Ticket. It may be a free offer or it'll be a discount offer.
- It's amazing what a sob story (even a made up one) will do for you.
This is a tricky method and can sometimes fail depending on the phone rep that you get.
Your odds also increase if you've been an DirecTV subscriber for a while, but there's not a ton you can do to change that right now.
Let us know if this method works for you.
So here's the deal.
You need to be a college student, you need to be the parent of a college student (you'll need your kids email and birthday) or you need to get creative to find a college email and birthdate information.
It comes out to $24.99/month for 4 months. That means $100 for the 2017 Season of NFL Sunday Ticket.
That in turn means you'll pay $6.25 for 16 games of your favorite NFL team (depends if you pay sales tax or not).
Here's how you take part:
- Visit this link for DirecTV
- Input all of your (or *your students* information)
- Complete the registration process
- You're all set
Fortunately, we've got someone who is already a student and can take part in the promo. We promise it works if you have legit details as we've been able to confirm it ourselves!
Bad news guys, DirecTV won't accept promo codes for current subscribers. Total bummer I know. Don't worry, all hope is not lost! (It appears their referral program is over completely.)
There's a way you can try and get your bill lowered, get free upgrades on hardware or get Sunday Ticket for free for 2017!
Disclaimer: These steps come courtesy of Slickdeals.net and their users and we can't promise they will work for you. Results may vary.
- Call 1-800-531-5000
- Get to retentions department
- Confirm you are in retentions department
- Don't bother with their offers and simply request a cancellation 2 weeks out
- Confirm cancellation date
- Wait to receive "We won't you back", "Let us make it right", "blah blah" call or email with special 877-250-4624 number and NEWDEAL1 or NEWDEAL2 code
- If you receive that email, great. Go ahead and call in as soon as you receive it.
- If you DO NOT receive the email in a few days, call the 877-250-4624 number anyway and tell them you received the email
- You may get turned down for "not being in their system" yet
- If that is the case, ask if they can get you added to the system
- No matter what they say, call back in 48 hours or so and try again
- You may still have to haggle with them a bit to get everything listed in this thread ($200 GC, 12 month discounts on package, free 2017 Sunday Ticket Max, 3 months of premium movie channels, all requiring a 12 month commitment (24 months if you elect to receive new equipment)), but they also may just lay it all out there for you from the start
- If all else fails, you can always call the 1-800-531-5000 number back before the date you set and have the cancellation removed and try the whole process again later.
To see people's success and attempts you can look at the forum here. Unfortunately, there is no magic DirecTV promo code for current subscribers. It usually depends on the rep you get on the phone and how long you've been a customer with them.
UPDATE: 9/12/17 -- DirecTV has ended their REFERRAL program and therefore this referral promo code is no longer valid. The method outlined above to try and get NFL Sunday Ticket for Free is still rumored to be working.
Sadly it only works for new subscribers to DirecTV. For those of you that are already subscribers I've included some tips below that may allow you to get Sunday Ticket for free anyway. If you're looking to save $10/month for 10 months ($100) and get NFL Sunday Ticket for free for 2016 then this DirecTV promo code is for you. Start with this link (it includes the promo code right off the bat). You'll see an account number that you'll need to use when signing up. Copy the account number on the screen or use this one: 47143558 Click "Get DirecTV" and then enter your zip code to check if service is available by you. You'll need to look through the packages to find what fits you best. The CHOICE package, currently $29.99/month, is the lowest one that gets you Sunday Ticket for 2016 for Free. They also include a $100giftcard , premium channels for free for 3 months and some other addons (these may vary). Move through the process based on your needs! Don't forget to use account #47143558 to get the $10/month discount! You can also call DirecTV and place your order that way with the account number. *Remember, DirecTV can change their promotion at anytime, so we can't guarentee that you'll get this offer. Make sure to watch what you signup for, at your own risk.
Photo by JeepersMedia
For the record, I never actually played football. I have no doubt that I would get crushed running across the middle for a pass, every single time.
Latest posts by Nick Schreck (see all)
- FanDuel Bringing Bitcoins to the Masses: Win a Bitcoin - January 5, 2018
- Fantasy Football and Bitcoin: To The Future? - January 2, 2018
- No Halftime Promo Code - January 1, 2018